Skip navigation
Dennis215
Currently Being Moderated

My CS6 Design and Web Premium Keeps asking to authenticate?

Jan 29, 2013 9:47 AM

We are a four year college with an number of Macs (10.6.8) that I installed CS6 D&W Premium from the discs (ie the machine was not imaged) on each machine in July.  Everything has been fine until this new year. Sparadically thoughout my campus a machine will ask to be authenticated again and sometimes I even have to reinstall the serial number before I (or my students) can use the software.

Last week one classroom was "confirmed" as having a working Photoshop on each station but I have just had to authenticate 3 machines and one I had to install the serial number. This is very annoying, how can I stop it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to Dennis215

Hi Dennis,

Do you have a volume License for CS6 D&W premium or Retail. Is it asking for Serial key.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to Dennis215

On how many Machines you have Installed it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to Dennis215

Could you please provide me the exact error you get for Authentication

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to Dennis215

Which application are you opening and what version of that application do you have installed?  Also when you do enter your Adobe ID and serial number is it accepted?  Do you receive this prompt everytime you open the Adobe Creative Software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to Dennis215

Yes this is a known issue with Photoshop 13.0.3 please update to Photoshop 13.0.4  You can download the update at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform =Macintosh.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to Dennis215

What type of security software are you using?  If you create a new local administrator account and sign in on one of the affected computers are you still prompted to sign in again?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 12:30 AM   in reply to Dennis215

I've got exactly the same problem in my school. On 17 mac with adobe cs6, photoshop keep asking to authenticate, even with the 13.0.4 version. And it's not only in photoshop but also with indesign, illustrator ...

And like Dennis, no logic at all, sometimes it work, sometimes it keep asking my ID, sometimes it need my serial number. All of this begin on January.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to xav78

Same problem here. (Staffordshire University) Lion-CS6-Mac. I still can't find a pattern...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points