Skip navigation
Firewing23
Currently Being Moderated

Bamboo Pen Pressure not working in Illustrator only

Jan 29, 2013 10:16 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #adobe #tablet #pressure #pen #wacom #sensitivity #bamboo

I've search up and down these forums and all over the internet and still can't seem to get pressure sensitivity to work in Illustrator. It works absolutely fine in Photoshop, so why not Illustrator? I'm using a Bamboo Model: MTE-450A. Any help would be very appreciated as I'm in the middle of a project and need pressure sensitivity!

Windows 7 64 Bit
Illustrator 64 Bit

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 4:55 AM   in reply to Firewing23

I'm just new to Illustrator and using Bamboo Pen and Touch. As far as I can tell you can only get pressure sensitivity when using brushes.

If you double click on the brush in the Brushes Panel there is a drop down menu for width where you need to select Pressure and adjust the slider values to your prefered setting.

I have made my own brush using the ellipse tool and tapering the ends to points. This gives me a really nice stroke for drawing outlines almost as if the Pencil Tool was pressure sensitive.

Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 8:30 AM   in reply to Firewing23

Illustrator is very picky about the drivers. Have you checked that you are using the latest one from the Wacom web site?

Is the driver suitable for your system?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to Firewing23

Drag the variation slider way to the right and try again.

When testing this stuff, only check one of the options at a time (I would prefer the "size"). Set  the 2 others to "Fixed". Then try the brush.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points