Skip navigation
terpsichorian
Currently Being Moderated

Printing problem with InDesign CS6 Trial version

Jan 29, 2013 2:28 PM

Tags: #printing-issue #cs6-trial-version

I have the trial CS6 InDesign. Began printing my doc but when I got to page 81 I got an error: "Printing Error: The Adobe Print Engine has failed to output your data due to an unknown problem". Have NO issues in preflight check.It printed fine but suddenly stalled and have tried many things in cluding skipping pg 81 to no avail. Help, please! thanks, Paula

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to terpsichorian

Can you export a PDF and print that?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to terpsichorian

What can't you do? Export or print the PDF?

Is this with one file or all files?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to terpsichorian

Bob means is the problem isolated to this one file, or does it happen with any file you try? It's sounding like there's something corrupt in the file though.

Try exporting the file to PDF in two pices by selecting page ranges in the export dialog. If one half fails, try dividing that in half and eport as two pieces, and so on until you isolate a page, then you can look at the objects on the page.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 3:36 AM   in reply to terpsichorian

Preflight looks different sorts of errors -- colors you don't want to allow or overset text, for example -- rather than damage or possibly bad technique that ought to output under normal circumstances.

I'm glad you were able to find and fix your problems. It would be very helpful to others who read this thread in the future if you could tell us waht sorts of things you found. That might also give us an opportunity to help you find a way to avoid the smae issues in the future.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points