Skip navigation
IamLouiseL
Currently Being Moderated

How to change primary external editor

Jan 29, 2013 4:37 PM

Tags: #edit #external #editor #primary

How do I change the primary external editor to Elements 11? It was an old version of PS which I removed and had hoped that since it was no longer available, LR would look for a new one as primary. I already have my Topaz products for the additional external editor. Is it possible to have more than one? If the default choice of LR is unavailable, how do i get LR to look for new one?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2013 4:42 PM   in reply to IamLouiseL

I would just try and run the Lightroom install to the latest version and see if that helps, I would not even do an uninstall of  the existing LR install.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 12:54 AM   in reply to IamLouiseL

Although this Abobe KB article references Photoshop, it may also work for PSE:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/edit-photoshop-command-missin g-photoshop.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 3:37 AM   in reply to IamLouiseL

Removal of Photoshop has probably left settings in the Registry (if Windows). You can set up as many external editors as you like, so if you can't get it to work as the primary editor, just set it up as another extenal editor. Adobe does have a Cleaner utility to remove old stuff after uninstall. I think there is one for CS3/4 and another for CS5/6. Why uninstallers don't do this in the first place has always puzzled me!

Bob Frost

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to IamLouiseL

Make sure you have a current backup of your catalog file on an external drive and also your image files. You may get a prompt to Repair or uninstall, just choose Repair.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points