Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Scene Marker issues on PE11

Jan 29, 2013 7:12 PM

Hi,

I have a number of scene markers on my project.  I went to create my main menu and I see all my scene menus except for the last 2 in my scene selection menu.

The last 2 scene menu markers are clearly visible on my timeline (green dots).  For some reason, they don't appear on my scene selection menu.  I chose the "Birthday" main menu (if that makes any difference).....

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

It's not entitrely clear what you're asking, Miga.

Blue markers on your timeline will link to your main menu. Green markers will like to your scene menu. If you have more markers than scene spaces on your menu template, the program will automatically create more menu pages to accommodate you.

If you have scene markers on your timeline and you are not seeing corresponding scene links on your menu pages, please post a screen capture of your timeline to this forum so that we can see what's going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 6:52 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

As Steve points out, the Scene Selection Menus in PrE, are created, as needed. Depending on the Template chosen, when the first Scene Selection Menu has been filled, another will be created, and then, the Next (or similar syntax - might be an Arrow) Button will become active on the first, leading to the second, third fourth, etc.. Do you have a Next (or similar) Button on Scene Selection Menu # 1? Does it lead to Scene Selection Menu # 2?

How many Chapter Markers do you have on the Timeline?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

Also, and this might just be my version of PrE, but under the Happy Birthday heading, I have Balloons, Kids Bday and Kids Party. Looking at Kids Party, the Scene Selection Menu has Buttons for three Scenes/Chapters. If one has more than three, PrE would create additional Scene Selection Menus, as are needed. The "Next/Previous" Buttons are Arrows, in the upper-right of the Menu. If additional Scene Selection Menus are created (more than three Chapter/Scene Markers), in Preview, those Arrows would lead to additional Scene Selection Menus, or back to the Previous.

In Balloons, there are Buttons for four Scenes/Chapters, and the Next/Previous Buttons are also Arrows, at the lower-right of the Menu.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 7:13 PM   in reply to Apple Miga

Ah, I had not seen that total number. Yes, PrE limits one to 25 Chapters/Scenes.

Now, if you have more, then I would look to a full-featured authoring program, like Sony's DVD Architect.

I use Adobe Encore, but it is only available if one also owns Premiere Pro, and, while a great program, is not available as a stand-alone.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points