Skip navigation
allylav
Currently Being Moderated

Error Message : "Importer detected a generic error" Please Help.

Jan 29, 2013 5:02 PM

Tags: #problem #help #error #adobe #video #settings #elements #import #11 #failure #generic #generic_error #elements_11 #adobe_premiere_elements_11 #wrong_settings

My problem is most likely very simple, with the research I've done I've concluded it is one of 2 options(probably):

1. The project settings are wrong - I've tried quite a few within NTSC(where I should be) but the same error occurs. I am using videos taken by my Iphone 4s. I'm just not sure on any of it and couldnt seem to find an answer online.

2. I didn't import them correctly. I've been importing them simply just by clicking on the files from my iPhone's folder while it is plugged in and dragging them into another foler on my computer. I know this isn't correct but I didn't have a importing software and I could still watch them on Windows Media Player so I thought it was fine.

It could be something else but I have everything installed for it to work so I'm not sure. I may need to download a program that allows me to convert specific properties or something?

I'm pretty confused with all the properties to videos and video formatting so I'm having difficulty solving this on my own. Thanks for the help (:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to allylav

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Are you using Premiere Elements or some other program to get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

What version of the program are you using? What operating system are you on?

Under the Edit menu, what are listed as your current projec settings?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 8:03 PM   in reply to allylav

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 7:04 AM   in reply to allylav

Welcome to the forum.

Along with the questions asked, do you have the latest version of Apple's QuickTime installed? That will be required to edit footage from an iPhone 4S.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to allylav

If you connect your iPhone by USB and use Add Media/From Flip or Camera  to open the Video Importer and use it to get your video from your iPhone to your project, it should definitely work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points