Skip navigation
TenebrousX
Currently Being Moderated

CS5: Unable to use the Sample color Tool

Jan 29, 2013 8:45 PM

I'm sort of new to illustrator. The first problem:

[IMG]http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/Vernancular/problem-1_zpsc16e eda9.png[/IMG]

The red arrows indicate where I attempted to sample from.

I first tried to sample while in normal mode (the window on the left) but my color picker (on the left) did not change, it instead remained light beige rather than the darker fill's tone I was sampling. Same issue on the right, wherein I did the same thing except in isolation mode instead of normal mode.

I used the sample color tool from live paint (live paint + ctrl + left click on the desired area). However, the normal eyedroper tool (I) produces the same result (i.e. it does not work either). The color I am attempting to sample is a fill within a shape that is cropped by the 'draw inside' function. I have no idea why Illustrator is not allowing me to sample the fill color, can anyone help?

Additional question: is there any way to make a shape without lines? Choosing transparent lines achieves an visually identical effect but I was curious as to whether this was possible without choosing transparent lines.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2013 2:19 AM   in reply to TenebrousX

Not sure what you are saying about the lines - simply remove the strokes in teh appearance palette. In fact your sampling issue could relate to your awkward use of transparencies. Otehr than that I can't see anything that should prevent the sampler from working, but you never know...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points