Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work avoidance: HTTPStatusEvent / HTTPService

Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a requirement to access response headers to a call - any call - to a server in an AIR project so as to access cookie properties that are unavailable in AIR as I am not in a browser. This is easily done by adding an HTTPStatusEvent.HTTP_STATUS listener to a URLLoader...

But...

I don't want to have to add in a redundant server call when I am already contacting the server about a gazilliion and three times already via an HTTPService.

The thing is, neither HTTPService nor ASyncToken classes seem to dispatch HTTPStatusEvents.

Anybody know any work around that will get me those without having to make a redundant server call?

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I've done a bit more digging here and it looks like HTTPService uses NetConnection, not URLLoader so no access to responseHeaders.

This is frustrating - not unworkable, but not nice either.

Would _REALLY_ like a way to read cookies for my services in AIR.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines