Skip navigation
rednismo
Currently Being Moderated

What softwares needed to create an interactive map of the plant with video transistions?

Jan 30, 2013 10:39 AM

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am trying to design an application for my company using various adobe softwares. I have experience with photoshop, premiere pro and aftereffects. I am trying to create an application which is an interactive map of the company. This application will reside on a server and be accessable from different workstations around the plant. When the user clicks on different departments on the interactive map, it should seamlessly play a video transistion such as zooming in/panning or any other sort of video. Then the application should display a different map and have buttons to hyperlink to different files or pdf in folders. These pdf files are stored in the same server that the map application is stored.

So my questions are:

1) What other adobe programs do I need other than after effects and photoshop? Getting the Adobe suite is out of the question. So I am assuming I'll need flash.

2) Should this interactive map be a web/flash page or is it better to have it be a program installed in the workstations.

3) If so, what other programs do I need?

4)I have not seen any demos of what I want to achieve anywhere. How smooth would the video transistion be as far as from the time the user clicks on the map to the time it takes to trigger a flash or video transistion. And how smooth would it be from the end of the transistion to the loading of the next map. I really need it to be as seamless as possible.

5)What's the difference between flash and flash builder?  Will I need dream weaver?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to rednismo

1) What other adobe programs do I need other than after effects and photoshop? Getting the Adobe suite is out of the question. So I am assuming I'll need flash.

Flash it is

2) Should this interactive map be a web/flash page or is it better to have it be a program installed in the workstations.

a webpage should do the trick

3) If so, what other programs do I need?

None if you keep the approach simple.

4)I have not seen any demos of what I want to achieve anywhere. How smooth would the video transistion be as far as from the time the user clicks on the map to the time it takes to trigger a flash or video transistion. And how smooth would it be from the end of the transistion to the loading of the next map. I really need it to be as seamless as possible.

You can preload all the videos you need as external files, so the streaming is seamless.

5)What's the difference between flash and flash builder?  Will I need dream weaver?

It depends on your background and the complexity of your project. Flash can do anything that FlashBuilder does, but not vice versa. If you have no experience with Interactive Media and more a video than a progrmmer background, I would go for flash. For an experienced After Effects user the UI of Flash looks very familiar. Dreamweaver would only be useful if you plan to work with other web technologies like php, asp or databases.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2013 1:55 AM   in reply to rednismo

Does it mean that Adobe Flash will be easier for me to learn than Flash Builder considering my video background?

True

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points