Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Mixing audio and adjusting volume

Jan 30, 2013 10:30 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Calculating status...
    Jan 30, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to Community Help

yes but how do i set key frames so I can mute a few seconds of audio. every time i ask about key frames i get no help or info about products i am not interested in . I am in Elements. Have patience I will keep searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to foxdown88

You simply create keyframes on the audio clip.

To do this, click to select an audio clip on your timeline and position the CTI over the spot you want the change to occur. Click on the Make Keyframe button on the Track Header to the left of the audio track.

Create as many keyframes as you need. The higher you raise a keyframe, the louder it will be. The lower you set it, the quieter.

I've got an illustrated article on Basic Keyframing on Muvipix.com.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=basic+keyframing&btn.x=0& btn.y=0

You can also find illustrated step by step instructions in my book, if you'd like a thorough how-to for the program.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Thanks Steve

I can now add the keyframes but when I try and drag the yellow line down to lower the sound, the

Entire line for the whole clip is lowered not just the bit between the key frames.

Also I tried to register on the muvpix web site to read your article and buy your book but

1 after entering my details it asks for a code but none is visible despite me pressing the button

2when trying to fill out their contact screen it again asks me to enter a code which I did but it

Repeatedly told me it was invalid

So if you have contacts there could you perhaps forward this to them to report the difficulty that I have in registering

many thanks

Michael

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to foxdown88

Add two more Keyframes, if you wish to attenuate the Volume in the middle of an Audio Clip. It will look something like this:

Audio_Keyframes_PrE.png

If the ramp of the Volume is not exactly where you want it to be, you can click+drag the Keyframes to exactly where they need to be.

Hope this helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Michael, please contact Muvipix directly, as they'll need you to contact them using the logon and e-mail address you selected to indentify you.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 3:26 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Many thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I can not see how to get into the keyframe properties in PreEl ver 11, your screenshot is an earlier version.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to dsttexas1
    1. Click Adjust (or use the menu Window> Adjustments)
    2. Click Volume
    3. Click Show keyframe controls

1.png

Initially though it is easier to Ctrl-Click directly on the audio timeline to create the keyframe points and drag them around plus raise/lower volume. You can then use the keyframe panel to fine-tune if necessary.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 12:13 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have a problem with the narrations track. It used to work well and then just got blocked. Nothin helps it's just inactive.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to Anna_Karnaukh

Unfortunately, some users have experienced issues with the two Fixed Audio Tracks: Narration and Soundtrack. Those issues seem to be very Project-centric, and will crop up later, in a Project, that worked well for a long time - sometimes they crop up immediately in one Project, but others will be just fine.

When one encounters issues, when using Narration, or Soundtrack, the workaround is to find an empty, "regular" Audio Track, say Audio 2, or Audio 3, then Move the Clips from either the Narration, or Soundtrack Audio Track. That has always fixed those Audio problems, related to the two Fixed Audio Tracks.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points