Skip navigation
j.makela9999
Currently Being Moderated

CS5->CS6 upgrade hangs, locks windows task manager, does nothing else

Jan 30, 2013 2:24 PM

Got the CS6 Design Standard Upgrade, hoping to upgrade from CS5 Design Premium. Could that be the problem? I don't need everything in Premium and this stuff is ridiculously expensive.

Anyway, I put the disk in, nothing happens. I run set-up.exe, the disk spins up, then nothing continues to happen. I've watched it for up to 5 minutes and nothing.

Set-up.exe is not in Applications, but it is in Processes in windows task manager. However, there is no actual activity at all. When I try to end the process, WTM locks up. I have to either hard reboot or eject the disk in order to recover.

What gives? I can post PDApp.log if need be, but I don't know how much help it'll be.

W7 Pro 64bit

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to j.makela9999

Does the PDApp.log file contain any specific error messages?  You may want to review Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 1:09 AM   in reply to j.makela9999

Some security tool is blocking your stuff. Check around. Run as admin, turn off your virus scanner, turn off UAC.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to j.makela9999

Excellent thank you for the update j.makela9999.  I am curious if you copy the update from the Samsung drive do you receive a disk error?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points