Skip navigation
Emmaandrich
Currently Being Moderated

Pixalattion

Jan 30, 2013 5:01 PM

Tags: #creative #pixellation #suite6

I'm having issues with my panels and interface being pixalated in all our creative programs after installing our creative suite 6 on my new computer - Macbook Pro Retina screen. Wondering if it is due to the new screens?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2013 1:27 AM   in reply to Emmaandrich

This has nothing to do with trial or not or whatever, it's simply the way it is. Most Adobe apps do not support native Retina resolution and the ones that do, those being Photoshop and Lightroom, are only available to Creative Cloud customers. Still, those specific updates seem nothing but trouble, so you're probably not missing anything. For the time being simply accept that your apps will look a bit pixely. Perhaps this will get resolved in CS7...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to Mylenium

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I call this the "leap frog effect," where hardware and software development move constantly forward, but not necessarily together at the same time. This is why as a user, it's often better to NOT be an early-adopter, but rather "with the crowd."

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 10:25 AM   in reply to Emmaandrich

Have you downloaded a spell checker ( pixelation / pixelated )?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 11:52 AM   in reply to Mylenium

The retina update is available to perpetual license customers in the form of 13.0.2 and later.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to DrStrik9

And yes, since Apple didn't provide information or sample hardware much ahead of time - most applications were not prepared for the retina displays.  And updating to support the displays is not always trivial (especially with all the bugs in the Apple APIs you have to work around).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points