Skip navigation
steviekoets
Currently Being Moderated

How would I get Iquery mobile(phonegap) in sample pages?

Jan 30, 2013 6:48 PM

Hello, im stephen trying to create a app if you could tell me what the title says.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to steviekoets

Welcome to the Forum Stephen.

I don't understand your post.

What "sample pages" are you referring to?

What "title" are you referring to?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to steviekoets

I have the same problem.  I looked at the videos and figured that would be a good place to start. However, when I go to find the sample pages for phonegap all I find is the jQuery Mobile (local), jQuery Mobile (CDN), and jQuery Mobile with Theme (local).  So far, I have been unable to find the corresponding starter pages using phonegap.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Ken Knowles

I have same issue as Ken, trying to follow the tutorial and I seem to be missing the sample. It is the first thing they do and they specifically say it is built in, so how does one find it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 9:49 AM   in reply to JShep0909

I've been searching everywhere.  Some that have it say that it is the same as the jQuery Mobile samples with a link to the Cordova sdk and that's the only difference.  However, I don't know what I need to do to do that.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to Ken Knowles

I found the local theame selection is the same. See this video to get the information.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-dreamweaver-cs6/enhanced-jquery-mobile -support/

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to JShep0909

Excellent!  They even start the video saying it replaces the phonegap sample pages.  Thanks for finding that.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 4:00 PM   in reply to Ken Knowles

OK. That didn't really help as far as I can tell.  Yes, they replaced the PhoneGap samples with the jQuery Mobile with Themes, but it doesn't have any PhoneGap code in it.

I'm installing the full PhoneGap development environment to see what I actually need to just develop within Dreamweaver.  I'll post back what I discover.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 2:35 PM   in reply to Ken Knowles

Before I was able to get the full development environment working, I found another video that helped.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/digital-design-cs6/packaging-and-uploading-p hone-gap-apps/

This talks about a starter project, which is a good place to start.  However, it doesn't include the jQuery themes.  But it is a complete phonegap app.

With a little experimenting in DW, I also found that the jQuery Mobile starter page will work.  However, it doesn't create the config.xml file.  This file is required to make the settings in the app and to name the app.  What I found, though, was that if you build the app, a default config.xml file will be created for you.  You can edit that file and the next time you build your app, it will include those settings in the build.

That will make it so you can have an app that uses pages and javascript, but it doesn't access device features.  To do that, you need to reference phonegap.js in your file.  Put <script src="phonegap.js" type="text/javascript"></script> in the html file.  PhoneGap Build will include the necessary phonegap files.  You do not need that file on your computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points