Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Should I render a looping movie in After Effects or in Flash Pro?

Jan 30, 2013 8:33 PM

Tags: #swf #flash_pro_cs6

Hello. I am using Flash Pro CS6.

Right now I am trying to make a simple SWF file that can play three looping clips via individual play buttons.

I made three FLV movies in After Effects. They are  80 frames , 30 fps clips, but those clips have lots of same frames. I mean one clip is something like this.

AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD AAAA

AAAA DDDD CCCC BBBB AAAA

AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD AAAA

AAAA EEEE FFFF BBBB AAAA

It contains just 6 frames(A,B,C,D,E,and F). As you can see there are lots of same frames.

I want to make SWF as small as possible, so to make it small, I should import still images and make a new timeline in Flash pro and render them as SWF in it?if I import still bitmap images(ABCDEF images) into Flash Pro and make a SWF in it, Flash Pro can do better compression than AE? If so I will remake the timeline. I really need better compression because I need to submit a SWF file whose limit is 5MB.

If I need to make my SWF small,Which is the best choice? Making a FLV in AE and import it into Flash Pro and publish, OR Making a movie using those still images in Flash Pro and publish? Give me your advice. Thank you in advance.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 30, 2013 11:14 PM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

import the 6 bitmaps and create your 3 movieclips by adding the appropriate sequence of bitmaps to each movieclips timeline. 

don't use any of the flv movies if they are part of your size limit. if the flvs are not part of your size limitations, you can leave the flvs external to your swf and create a swf the plays the flvs using progressive download.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Feb 1, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

you can make the movies whereever you like but if you're trying to minimize a swf's file size, you should publish a swf directly from after effects and not use flash, at all or use flash and don't use ae.

the swf size should be less than the sum of the sizes of the 6 bitmaps.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Feb 2, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...