Skip navigation
cadailey
Currently Being Moderated

Help Desperately Needed to restore Photoshop 10 catalog to Windows 8 computer and PSE 11

Jan 30, 2013 8:29 PM

Tags: #windows_8 #photoshop_elements_11 #error_encountered_while_restoring

I am trying to backup my Photoshop Elements 10 catalog from my old computer running Windows 7 and restore to my new computer running Windows 8 and Photoshop Elements 11.  I reconnected missing files, optimized and repaired the catalog, then repaired and re-indexed visual similarity date.  I backed up to the hard drive on the old computer, copied the files to the external hard drive, copies the files from the external hard drive to the desktop of the new computer.  From there I opened PSE 11 organizer and tried to restore.  When the restore is almost complete I get the following error: "error encountered while restoring.  It's recommended that you contact the disc drive manufacturer and upgrade to the latest available firmware for your specific disc drive before trying again.".  I also had disabled the virus protection on both computers.  I have contacted the external hard drive manufacturer and they are confident the problem is not with the external hard drive.  I have spent countless hours on chat with Adobe Technical Chat.   I have done everything that has been suggested to fix the problem and I still get the same error message.   They referred me to their 800 number for paid technical support and I was on hold for a total of 4 1/2 hours and after being trransferred several times no one came back on the line to help.  I have an open case with them and they still have not returned my calls.   I even tried using the same backup catalog file and restored to another PC running Windows 7 (and Elements 10) and it worked.  Why can't I restore the catalog to Windows 8?   Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points