Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how do you edit sound in multicam (cs5)

Jan 31, 2013 1:10 AM

Hi all,

I always see people raving about multi cam editing for wedding speeches but on the 10 or so occasions Ive given it a try I just give up instantly due to the fact that I feel so limited in what I can do with the audio.

I would use it for wedding speeches where I have 8 or 9 audio tracks, editing in 5.1 and I need to stop parts of the track distorting occasionally or removing sections of sound, boosting quiet parts etc (as the dynamics effect with limiter ticked and set to -1dB only seems to quieten down the rest of the audio from that point onwards if it severely needs to kick in), however as soon as you enable multi cam and start editing, your audio appears flattened into one track.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I KNOW it must be possible but I just cant work out how.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to tikigod19

First, cut the video in the nested multicam sequence.  One that's done, go back into the original sequence and work on the audio.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 1:00 AM   in reply to tikigod19

Yes.

Editing in an NLE is non destructive".

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 11:52 AM   in reply to tikigod19

Or...you can just nest the video only and leave all your tracks right there with the video. Although I'm not sure about CS5 as I use CS6. Either way works. For me what works best is to nest the video ONLY by alt+selecting the video clips, right-click and choose NEST...then, right-click again and choose Multicam>Enable. Now you have the video and all the audio tracks on one timeline. I find that easier to deal with personally but to each their own. Unfortunately, there's a bug and the audio meters/levels don't work while in the multicam window so you can't monitor the levels. Feel free to submit a bug report to add your name to the list of people who'd like to see that get fixed. Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points