Skip navigation
Lovenote Creative
Currently Being Moderated

Tabs (.zxp?) HELP!!

Jan 31, 2013 9:33 AM

Tags: #cs5.5 #indesign #plugin #indesign_cs5.5 #extension #manager #tab #corrupt #extension_manager #corrupted #indents

Hi there!

I was working on an InDesign file and all of a sudden, my Cmd-T brought up a corrupted tab settings bar. I tried rebooting the software, rebooting the computer, starting from a fresh reboot and new document - and nothing changed.

So, I went into Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5 and uninstalled the Index and Tabs extention (puzzle piece). I reopen InDesign and the tab settings bar has disappeared. I'm assuming I deleted it. Now, I can't for the life of me figure out how to bring it back. I have found, in my Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED folder, this file: idcs5_5_Indents and Tabs.zxp - so I tried to install it using Extension Manager and I get this error:

The directory 'Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe InDesign:CS5.5:plug-ins:Text:Indents and Tabs.InDesignPlugin is busy. Please close the application which is using this directory and try again. I click Retry and the box just pops back up.

I'm lost. How do I get my tab settings bar back? I really need to get this project done, and can't work on it without being able to set tabs!

Thanks in advance.

- Julie

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points