• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logos and Reference Pages

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company manages various manuals for multiple brands. We would like to use the same FM template for all of the manuals but need to switch out the logo at the header of each manual for the respective brand.

Currently, we've only worked on one brand in FM so we have just used the logo inside the master pages. Now, when we want to switch to another brand (and apply the template), we have found this might not be the best solution as the incorrect logo is placed at the header, and we would have to manually change it each time we apply the template... Do I need to add we are FM newbies?

Can we set up our reference page to incorporate 3 different logos, and let us choose which logo to use on a particular manual?

If so, how? I've googled but can only find how to attach an image to a paragraph tag. This logo is in the header and I'm not sure how to get it up there...

FM 11.0.1.382, Windows 7

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about … a different master page for each logo, a different (say) Heading 1 style for each client and then the mysteries of Apply Master Pages? this function considers the content of a page and determines which master page to apply. Off the top of my head, I feel you'll have to do something manually – but applying a style is less hassle than applying a master page.

It might be worth finding yourself a quiet place and time and reading up on master pages before the more knowledgeable answers come in

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also set up parallel books, each with unique page layouts and MP elements.

One book is the edit master, and the others merely import the entire Flow A from the edit master files.

We do this for badge engineering, and for domestic/export editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considerably more elegant! I'll remember that next time I need it …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a "configuration" file with the correct logo on a reference page. Each customer has their own configuration file. To update a template set, I just import reference pages from the a configuration file. This way I don't pack on the extra bits multiple logos add to file size and no customer gets to see another customer's logo if they go digging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest conditional text to control the graphics needed for various models. By maintaining only a single template, there's less rework when changing formats, and less chance of error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines