Skip navigation
reelhero
Currently Being Moderated

sequential movies shadowbox?

Jan 31, 2013 4:47 PM

i have a movie slideshow

hit any thumb here: http://toddheymandirector.com/REEL/

the movie begins playing but it does not automaticaly proceed to the next movie when its done

you have to hit "next"

anyone know how to make it automatically go to the next movie when a movie finishes playing?

thanks, todd

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to reelhero

There's no way I know of to make your current set-up do what you want.  You would need a player that supports playlists.  Pickle Player is my personal favorite because it works in all browsers & mobile devices with just one file type -- either M4V or MP4 video.  M4V gives the best user experience.

There are other players on the web that support playlists, however you'll need to render each video clip in 4 different file types (.webm, .ogv, .mp4 & .flv) to support the various browsers/devices.  I don't have time for such nonsense.  For me, Pickle Player is worth the money.  And the optional Skin designer can be used to customize your player however you like.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to reelhero

Your showcase is just a page of image links.  To create a custom player with playlist & poster frames as you have now will require some keen design skills with CSS.  Not easy but doable.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points