Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Letter size US to A4 UK size

Feb 1, 2013 4:24 AM

Hi all

Many apologies if this question has been answered but couldn't find anything on the forum. I set music scores, save them to pdf and send them to be published. My printers have come back to say the pdf's are in US letter size of 11.0 x 8.5 inches. Can i save them in A4 UK size of 11.7 x 8.3 inches?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 6:35 AM   in reply to merrisian

In the Save process do you mean you print to the Adobe PDF printer or something else. If you printed as I mentioned, then you can change the paper size in the printer properties to get A4 paper (do a custom page if you prefer, but looks like A4 is what you want.

You may be able to change the page size with the crop tool. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get the crop page size option to work. It keeps telling me I can't reduce the page size.

If there is nothing special in the file (like bookmarks and such that music scores usually do not have), then a simple way to get there from the PDFs is to print to new PDFs with the new page size selected. This is not normally a recommended solution, but might do the job for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to merrisian

Adobe Reader will not create pdf's. it is limited to viewing only.

Harmony Assistant possibly has the Save As pdf feature.

The best solution would be to define your Harmony Assistant pages as A4. Check the documentation for Page /Document Setup - Preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 1:40 AM   in reply to Daniel Flavin

When you find the option in Harmony note the exact size of a4 - 297 x 210 mm. A printer will need it very accurate, so a conversion in inches may not do.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 4:28 AM   in reply to merrisian

Are you on a Mac or PC? Sounds like you're just using OS X's built-in "Save As PDF".

Either way, this has nothing to do with Acrobat: you just need to set up the Page size in Harmony Assistant to be A4. File menu > Page Setup, probably.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to benwiggy

IF they are using apple's PDF command I advise using the Print > PDF > Adobe PDF

click and hold on the PDF button a menu pops down and you can choose Adobe PDF.

By doing this your using Adobe's PDF engine Not Apple's

AdobePrint.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points