Skip navigation
JimAlexBlacklock
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting to tape

Feb 1, 2013 6:58 AM

When I try to export to tape the "tape" function is greyed out. I have exported to tape many times before using exactly the same equipment. What do I need to do to activate the "tape" option ? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 7:04 AM   in reply to JimAlexBlacklock

Try turning off the Mercury Hardware GPU acceleration, set it to Software mode.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to JimAlexBlacklock

Hi Jim,

So you must not have an Nvidia display card. When in "Software only" mode with no Nvidia available, the option will be grayed out, that is normal. Had suggested to look at that because Export to DV does not work in GPU mode.

Let's back up then and start at the beginning - Mac or PC? Camera or deck being used? What kind of Export - DV, HDV?

Is the computer "seeing" your camera/deck? If connected via 1394, when you power up the VTR, does the computer beep or show a pop-up that the camera has been connected?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to JimAlexBlacklock

I have, many times, exported to tape but currently the option is greyed out !

What's different now?  Can you play the timeline and have it show up on the camera?  Also, what version of Premiere Pro?

Jeff

EDIT: Please go through all the steps listed in this help topic:

Adobe Premiere Pro * Exporting to videotape

That's just to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to JimAlexBlacklock

I can play the timeline and it shows up on the camera.  I can also record to tape by simultaneously pressing play & record on the camera remote control.

That's good. 

I don't know why Export to Tape is dimmed if you've followed all of the steps in the help document link from my last post, but at least you have a way to get your timeline to tape.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to JimAlexBlacklock

it has worked in the past and therefore something must have changed but there must be a way of restoring the function.

Unfortunately, that's true only if you can figure out what's changed and can figure out how to roll back the changes.  Since Export to Tape worked for you before, it may take a lot of research and effort on your part to restore that function. 

You can try launching Premiere Pro while holding down the Shift+Alt keys until the Welcome screen appears.  Shift resets the plug-in cache, and Alt resets your preferences.  That may be enough to fix the issue for you.  I would be less optimistic if Export to Tape had never worked.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points