Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Setting preferences

Feb 1, 2013 11:36 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 11:36 AM   in reply to Community Help

Available for download now: "A complete tour of preferences for Adobe InDesign CS6, also showing document preferences versus application preferences, and how to preserve and reset preferences" Available in a 16-page PDF report here:

http://trainingonsite.com/useful-resources/indesign-cs6-resources.html

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to Michael Witherell

I am wanting to change the default colour if text.  When I open a new text box and either type or copy text into it the text colour is alway white, how do I change it so the default colour is black.

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 4:28 PM   in reply to Janice Blaikie

With no text selected, change the color. That will be the new default for that file. Change it with nothing open to make it the default for new files.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Many thanks for this,  will try it out.

Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Worked a treat,  many thanks for your quick response.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 7:16 PM   in reply to Michael Witherell

Hi Michael

Staff at my work are using InDesign 6 when they open a document from a server and save it does not default to save to it's original location? the selection defaults to "Desktop". Do you know how to resolve this?

Regards

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 8:22 PM   in reply to NHP_MMonti

Your question isn't really related to preferences because there is no preference which remembers the "original file location." (There is a preference for link location.)

I believe this is controlled by the operating system.

The best way to resolve it (if you're on a Macintosh) it to buy an indispensible utility called Default Folder. It gives you magnificent control over favorite folders, recent folders and other ways.

Default Folder X - St. Clair Software

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 3:37 AM   in reply to NHP_MMonti

NHP_MMonti wrote:

Hi Michael

Staff at my work are using InDesign 6 when they open a document from a server and save it does not default to save to it's original location? the selection defaults to "Desktop". Do you know how to resolve this?

Do you have any third-party plugins installed? Normal behavior is for ID to resave in current location UNLESS it is a Save AS operation, in which case it will default to the last folder where a Save As was performed. Opening a legacy file, for example,in a newer version and hitting Save generates a Save AS in order to prevent accidental overwriting of the original version.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points