Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PrE11 Internal Software Error burning to DVD

Feb 1, 2013 12:23 PM

Dell Quad Processor C:250GHD (PrE here) D: 600GHD w/ 400G free (Project here).  Converted 60 13 minute (avg) Reg 8 & Supr 8 movies via projector, cine converter, Pyro A/V Linc, into computer as AVI files.  Now burning to DVD with menu's.  Using 5 files at a time; always less than 1hr, with Start Main Menu & Stop markers on each clip file.  Not spending time editing, only use Smart Fix on all files. 

Some are burning fine, but some give me the following error after 99% complete on the burn progress bar:

"Internal Software Error:\Vobulator\Block Planner\Block Planner.cpp,line 215".

There it will stay frozen until I shut it down, reboot, and sometimes I restart and it completes the burn process, and sometimes it repeats the error.  It takes about 2-3 hours to find out.

Can  you tell me what this is?  Maybe I can avoid something.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to BobSomr

The Vobulator error tells me that things are going wrong, right at the end (as your % indicates), and it has to do with the progrma not being able to create the DVD-Video structure necessary.

First thing I would do, is look to see if you have a Stop Marker at the end of the Timeline. If so, remove that, and test again.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to BobSomr

The video files on a DVD end with VOB... so the Sonic licensed "Vobulator" has something to do with planning and/or creating VOB files

Some other things to consider... may say Encore, but also for Premiere Elements, since both "author core" modules are licensed from Sonic

Odd Errors http://forums.adobe.com/thread/670174

Long File Names or odd characters cause problems

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

And #4 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/666558

And This Message Thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/665641

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to BobSomr

Great news!

The Vobulator is part of the Sonic AuthorCore, around which both Adobe Encore, and the authoring function of PrE, are based.

Glad that you were able to get around that. In PrE (Adobe Encore does things a bit differently), has an issue with those end-of-Timeline Stop Markers. PrE does most of its authoring with semi-automatic coding, and, while that works for most users, pretty easily, there can be issues.

Thank you for reporting your success.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:41 PM   in reply to BobSomr

OMG adobe is not doing anything about it? This is very bad!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to boulder co usa

OMG adobe is not doing anything about it? This is very bad!

???

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to boulder co usa

Like Steve, I question what you would like for Adobe to do about "this?"

Can you be specific, please?

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 2:19 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

This worked for me.  Then I was able to go back in and add the stop marker and it worked this time with the stop marker.  Strange little hiccup but very glad to have found this information.  Thanks!

Yes I am saying that the final burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc contained the stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline and it worked this second time around? 

1st and a couple times tried burning with the stop marker at the end.

Latter learned about this post.

Burnt the disk with out the stop marker

then just to double check tried burning agin this time with the stop marker.

I played the DVD and when it got the end it went to the main menue.

I am a novice so this is just my experience not saying I got it all figured out by any means!  But this thread was very helpful! 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 2:09 PM   in reply to BobSomr

BobSomr

Back in post 2 of your thread, your wrote

I really shouldn't have put the stop marker at the end anyway.  Without it, the program returns to the main menu anyway, right?

The following thread that I wrote a while back might be of interest regarding Play All on the disc main menu and the use of stop markers on the project's Timeline.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe-dvd-menu-navigationplay-all-loss .html

Could clarify your last post in this thread numbered 8

This worked for me.  Then I was able to go back in and add the stop marker and it worked this time with the stop marker.  Strange little hiccup

Are you saying that the final burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc contained the stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline and it worked this second time around? If so, interesting since that Vobulator error is essentially always there when the stop marker is placed at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 2:20 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Yes I am saying that the final burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc contained the stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline and it worked this second time around? 

1st and a couple times tried burning with the stop marker at the end.

Latter learned about this post.

Burnt the disk with out the stop marker

then just to double check tried burning agin this time with the stop marker.

I played the DVD and when it got the end it went to the main menue.

I am a novice so this is just my experience not saying I got it all figured out by any means!  But this thread was very helpful! 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 2:35 PM   in reply to ABB654

ABB654

Thanks for the reply.

Very interesting.

Glad that the information in this thread was helpful. In no time you will be far from a novice as you continue to explore and experiment with the program.

Moving forward, never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification on anything that you see written here.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points