Dell Quad Processor C:250GHD (PrE here) D: 600GHD w/ 400G free (Project here). Converted 60 13 minute (avg) Reg 8 & Supr 8 movies via projector, cine converter, Pyro A/V Linc, into computer as AVI files. Now burning to DVD with menu's. Using 5 files at a time; always less than 1hr, with Start Main Menu & Stop markers on each clip file. Not spending time editing, only use Smart Fix on all files.
Some are burning fine, but some give me the following error after 99% complete on the burn progress bar:
"Internal Software Error:\Vobulator\Block Planner\Block Planner.cpp,line 215".
There it will stay frozen until I shut it down, reboot, and sometimes I restart and it completes the burn process, and sometimes it repeats the error. It takes about 2-3 hours to find out.
Can you tell me what this is? Maybe I can avoid something.
The Vobulator error tells me that things are going wrong, right at the end (as your % indicates), and it has to do with the progrma not being able to create the DVD-Video structure necessary.
First thing I would do, is look to see if you have a Stop Marker at the end of the Timeline. If so, remove that, and test again.
Bill Hunt, you are a gosh darn genius! It worked after this project bombed twice. Now, I figured things were going wrong too. But it was YOU who considered that AND the 99% complete when it happened. I really shouldn't have put the stop marker at the end anyway. Without it, the program returns to the main menu anyway, right? Now, what the heck is a "Vobulator" ?
Thank you again (but I'm sure not for the last time)
The video files on a DVD end with VOB... so the Sonic licensed "Vobulator" has something to do with planning and/or creating VOB files
Some other things to consider... may say Encore, but also for Premiere Elements, since both "author core" modules are licensed from Sonic
Odd Errors http://forums.adobe.com/thread/670174
Long File Names or odd characters cause problems
And This Message Thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/665641
The Vobulator is part of the Sonic AuthorCore, around which both Adobe Encore, and the authoring function of PrE, are based.
Glad that you were able to get around that. In PrE (Adobe Encore does things a bit differently), has an issue with those end-of-Timeline Stop Markers. PrE does most of its authoring with semi-automatic coding, and, while that works for most users, pretty easily, there can be issues.
Thank you for reporting your success.