Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error uploading to Vimeo

Feb 1, 2013 1:54 PM

Tags: #problem #error #video #crash #failure #premiere_elements #photoshop_elements_11

I just got Premiere Elements 11 yesterday and am trying to upload a video to Vimeo (Vimeo HD).  I get an error "encountered an online services error."  I tried this 3-4 times and each time I get the same error after it goes upto 99%.

I was browsing for answers and came across several others who have had the same issue, and the advice was to "Referesh Services" under Edit > Preferences > Web Sharing.  Did that and still get the same error.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to champ19799

My first thought is that there is an error in the On-line settings, but let's run a test first.

In PrE, Share/Publish your Project (see this FAQ Entry for YouTube, and Vimeo should be similar: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2759311#2759311), and once you have output the file, try to manually upload that to Vimeo. Does that work?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to champ19799

Champ,

Good news on that test, and thanks for reporting.

As I have never used PrE's Upload function, I am one of the last people to try and help. Steve Grisetti, and several others, do use that, and know its ins-and-outs. They are far better qualified to help.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I've never had a problem with it, so I have no advice other than to go to the program's preferences (under Edit on the PC version) and click the button to ensure the online services are up to date.

After that, you simply select YouTube or Vimeo from the Publish & Share menu. The first time you do it, you'll need to log in and authorize the hookup. But after that, it should be automatic.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 4:42 AM   in reply to champ19799

Are you able to upload same video on other online services like : facebook , YouTube ?

This will confirm that there is some issue with online services.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 9:28 AM   in reply to champ19799

It looks like, for whatever reason, you'll be best using the manual method for uploading your files.

Use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with one of the presets for YouTube or Vimeo to output your video file. Then just use the site's uploading tools to load the file to YouTube, Vimeo or whatever. You should get excellent results.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to champ19799

If you're lacking hard drive space, that could well be part of the problem. Particularly in video editing, a hard drive without adequate free space (like at least 100 gigs or so) can choke the life right out of your work and keep a number of features from working.

But if you insist on fixing the direct uploader feature, you're really going to have to do some thorough troubleshooting at your end. At first I thought this was an authorization issue, but if you're having problems with all of your uploads to all of the sites, it seems to be something much deeper at your end.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 5:49 PM   in reply to champ19799

I'm pretty certain it's not lacking hard drive space.  I have over 100 GB of space available and I'm getting the same error.

Has anyone ever found a solution for this?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 6:01 PM   in reply to gcakia

Did you use Export/Share/Publish, to create a file on your system, and then upload that to Vimeo?

If so, how did that go?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

No.   I'm wanting the product to work as sold.  Things I've tried so far:

1.  Multiple attempts on different days after rebooting as well.

2.  Tride to upload to Facebook.  Also failed.  Failed differentky though.  On Vimeo, it failed before the file conversion and upload began.  On Facebook, the file conversion occurred and the upload was partially complete before failure.  Tried it multiple times with same result.

3  Dowloaded product update and rebooted.  No affect.

4. Shut off firewall and tried the download.  Same results.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to gcakia

Well, if that is the case, then I would check my Vimeo settings, as something is wrong.

Sorry that you could not take the time to test, so I guess that you are on your own.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 9:14 PM   in reply to gcakia

gcakia wrote:

No.   I'm wanting the product to work as sold.  Things I've tried so far:

This is a forum of volunteer users that like to help others by "braninstorming".  Demanding service or demanding that features work will get little results. 

The only updates to version 11 so far concern Adobe Camera Raw support.  It has to do with still photos taken in RAW formats.  It has nothing to do with Vimeo. 

So that I would know it works, I just created a 30 second video and uploaded it to my Vimeo account.  So, I know that on my computer with my relatively slow connection that the software works "as sold".

That leads me to believe there is a different sort of issue.  It may be disk space, it may be an intermitnet internet connection or one of the other mysteries in computers. 

If the volunteer brainstorming here is not to your likeing, the product is new and you have properly registered it, you should contact the paid staff at Adobe support.   Try clicking "Online Support" on the Help menu.  A page loads where there is a link to Customer Support below Online Experts on the right.  That might be a good place to demand the product work as sold.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to whsprague

I was not upset with Bill, I was upset with the proeduct and the difficulty I've had getting ADOBE support. 

Bill,..... did not mean for my frustration to be pointed in your direction.

In addition to the repeated problems with the product, Ive also encountered the ADOBE chat service to close down earlier than advertised.

Tried two nights to get through so they could connect to my laptop remotely and both nights they shut down 30-45 minutes before their advertised 7PM PST close.

As of today, they've agreed that I can call them (at no cost) in order to get the support needed.

Again, I appreciate the volunteer efforts of everyone. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to gcakia

On my computer, an older laptop, with PrE 4 & 11, I can upload to my Vimeo (Pro account), or YouTube Account (not an Extended Account), without issue.

However, as I more often use PrPro as my NLE of choice, I need to Export, then manually upload. Those manual uploads have been without any hitch.

Still, from PrE 11, with my settings, both of those display services have worked perfectly. I have never tried FaceBook, but as I do not have an account there, have no reason to even try.

Sorry that I could not be of service to you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

FYI, yesterday was finally able to connect with an ADOBE support tech via chat.  She took remote control of muy computer, checked settings and saw the problem herself.

Her final analysis was that a problem existed within the PE software and ADOBE hoped to have a fix for it within the next week.

If the upoad worked for some and not others, I suspect it may be a compatability issue with Win 8, but just guessing.

I'll provide an update when I recieve a patch.   Meanwhile, I'm using a manual work around to upload videos.

Thanks again for all the efforts to help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to gcakia

Thank you for the update and am looking forward to the next!

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to gcakia

I have the exact same problem I think with PrE 9. It was uploading fine to YouTube on Windows 7 but as soon as I upgraded to Windows 8 the upload errored after 99%. Do you have any news of this patch that was mentioned?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to JoynsonSA

I would anticipate that the "patch" referred to would be the Windows 8 SP-1 (Service Pack 1), which should be out soon.

Adobe seldom releases patches, or updates for the Elements programs, but in a few instances have - it is just not common practice. As PrE 9 is now almost 3 years old, I highly doubt that any updates will be released for it.

Right now, Win8 is starting to look a lot like Vista, however we will have to wait until SP-1 is implemented.

Good luck, and it might be that with Win8, one will just have to use the manual route of Exporting/Sharing to a discrete AV file, and then manually uploading to the file sharing service, such as YouTube, or Vimeo, etc.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points