Skip navigation
Rhondajred
Currently Being Moderated

Where did my most recent saved files go?

Feb 1, 2013 11:00 PM

I have been working on a project all week, including today. I saved my project again today at 5:00 p.m. closed Illustrator and went to dinner. Came back home, logged into Illustrator at 6:30 p.m. and my project is not there. When I go into "open recent files" the only files that come up are dated last week. This was due tonight. Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 12:27 AM   in reply to Rhondajred

Search your hard drive? Look in the directory you saved it to?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 1:03 AM   in reply to Rhondajred

Forget about "open recent files" look on the drives.

Files don't traditionally disappear from a hard drive. Although Illustrator internal recent file menu may not be correct. I've never seen a case where Illustrator deleted a file from a hard drive. In fact, I don't think that's even possible if you wanted to.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to Rhondajred

Have you tried finding it using Adobe Bridge?  That would be next best thing to use besides Illustrator.  If you have the file name, you could, in addition to Bridge, do a Find > File Name.  I did a test with my Illustrator.  I saved a file I just finished working on. Quit Illustrator ( which sounds like what you did when you went to dinner ).  Then, we launched Illustrator and did a standard File > Open.  Illustrator went back to the same directory I had been in before I quit.  So, I don't understand why Illustrator would not go to the same directory upon relauch and upon File > Open?

I know this does not help you now, but next time just do a save and leave everything open, just put the computer to sleep until you get back. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points