Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Copy isn't copying everything?

Feb 1, 2013 11:36 PM

Tags: #help #duplicate #layer #path #layers #copy #shape #tools #pen #pen_tool #stroke_path #layers_panel #duplicate_path #open_path #copy_path #alt_ctrl_t

Hey ya'll                                                                                             Level: Newbie'ish OS: Win 7 64bit  Ps: Cs6

So, i went back to an image i made a while ago because i wanted to remember how i went about doing something. i also got out my notebook where i kept track of particular aspects of the lesson.

sadly, i do not seem to have written down the one thing i am looking to recall.

Here is a pic

Forum_FCG2.png

see the open path that defines the arm inside the red circle?

well, i'm working on a female version of this but i can't seem to recall how i went about duplicating the path so that the stroke and layer styles are copied as well.

This is how i made it ...

i selected the pen tool > set to path > drew out my path > right clicked to select stroke path

then i double clicked on the layer to add a gradient overlay and a drop shadow

now, when i made the guy above all i wrote down to do is to copy and transform but now when i do this only the path is copied.

i have tried copy, copy merged, paste, paste special and paste in place.

when i use ctrl + J and then flip it the stroke and ls's aren't copied. ??

ctrl + j makes a new layer with the layer styles listed but when i did it the first time this is what my layers look(ed) like

Forum_FCG.png

see how the "right arm" layer doesn't list the layer styles?

can anyone Please remind me how one goes about copying and pasting an open path such as this so that one has a layer without the styles listed?

i have also used alt + ctrl + t and dragged to copy but this also makes a layer with the styles listed.

i know, i know ... this may seen Crazy to want to know but i do just really want to recall how i ended up with a copy on a layer without the styles listed.

thank you so much in advance for your time & efforts. you're much appreciated.

yup, i've been all through the FAQ's and when i got to the manual i think maybe i'm just not using the right key words to find the answer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 4:53 AM   in reply to Kar209

The styles won't be copied if you target the layer then do Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points