Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?

Feb 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Tags: #problem #help #3d #text #premiere #bug #glitch #cs6

I have made some countdowns for my church in the past and was working on one today when I ran across a new problem I haven't had before.  I'm still new to CS6  and am working on the trial right now.  This is really going to determine whether or not I purchase the program.  I have included a link to the final video so you can see the problem yourself.  I have tried changing values in the effect controls, making a new sequence, and even completely started over with a brand new project, but this issue is very persistant.  I can't seem to get any text to swivel and bend (I have it set up as a title) without getting this annoying glitchy bouncing randomly happening.  So far, this has been the only issue with the program I have had and I'm really loving it.  I've been doing video editing for years and this should be a simple video to make.  Keyframes have never given me this much trouble.  Please help!

http://youtu.be/S3kc6lAFM-0

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to Pastor_Josh

Welcome to the forum.

Please answer the questions here:

Adobe Forums: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to Pastor_Josh

Are the effects you used built-in Premiere Pro effects or have you added an effects package or plugin?

The codec and footage information are important -- what camera was used to shoot it?  Is it interlaced or progressive?  Do the sequence settings match the footage?  Do the export settings match the source footage properties?  What is your export format and codec?  How do you intend to deliver and display the finished video?  All of these things can seriously affect the end result.

Do you really have 2 ATI video cards?  Depending on how they're configured, they can cause issues in Premiere Pro if they're used at the same time. 

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to Pastor_Josh

The key may well be in the sequence settings.  For example, if the footage is progressive and you edit in an interlaced sequence, or vice-versa.  Have you ever used this background clip before?

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 7:02 PM   in reply to Pastor_Josh
    1. Try turning off crossfire.
    2. What kind of file is the text?  Is it a Premiere Pro title or is it text from Photoshop or After Effects?
    3. Are you editing in an interlaced sequence?  If so, try setting up a matching progressive sequence.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points