Skip navigation
glen.marquardt
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to save indt files at all

Feb 2, 2013 12:03 AM

Tags: #save #template #indesign #student #cs6 #as #indt

Hi, I've looked through the forums but haven't found a solution that's worked or the quite the same problem as I have, so here it goes:

I have InDesign CS6 version 8.0.1 with Windows 7 64-bit however I have been unable to save .indt files sent to me from a couple different sources.

When opening the file I also get the warning message saying I'm missing the "LILO.InDesignPlugin" but the template still seems to open no problem.

However, when I click 'Save', 'Save As', or even 'Save a Copy' nothing happens. None of them are greyed out, but no window pops-up for me to save the file, even if I make changes.

I tried exporting the file as anything else but nothing works--I get the "Failed to export the PDF file" message every time.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks for the help!

Replies
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Feb 2, 2013 12:18 AM   in reply to glen.marquardt

When opening the file I also get the warning message saying I'm missing the "LILO.InDesignPlugin" but the template still seems to open no problem.

Your InDesign installation is clearly corrupt. Uninstall and reinstall.

It may be sufficient to rerun the installation without uninstalling, but it might not.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 4:12 AM   in reply to glen.marquardt

LILO is apparently an optional plugin, so before you reinstall, run extension manager and check that it's there and enabled.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Feb 2, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Ah yes. For clarity, "optional" means you can go into Extension Manager and disable it, not that it is something you can choose to install or not install. Essentially you should never disable any of the plugins that ship with InDesign unless you have special knowledge -- doing so will cause the program to fail in weird ways.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points