Skip navigation
dajomu20
Currently Being Moderated

Re-installing Windows

Feb 2, 2013 3:42 AM

I'm planning on re-installing Windows to get from 32bit to 64 bit OS.

I'm nervous as I have all my pictures in Photoshop, so what's the best way of backing everything up?

Also, how do I get Photoshop itself back?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to dajomu20

Pictures are pictures. They exist in some folder on your harddrive and can be handled like any file type. If you refer to specific procedures for backing up collections/ catalogs in PS Elements or whatever, ask in the respective forum. Downloads here:

Direct Download Links for Adobe Software

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 11:27 AM   in reply to dajomu20

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 3:45 PM   in reply to dajomu20

If you are re-installing Windows from scratch then clearly you should take all the necessary precautions to backup your personal documents, pictures, videos, favorite links, emails etc etc.  In short, backup anything that you can't afford to lose and which can't be replaced easily.

Actual applications can always be re-installed from the CDs and DVDs that you bought so they don't need to be backed up.  I suggest, post your question on one of the Windows Forums on Microsoft site because there might be a way to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS without losing any of your documents.  However, always make the backups as a matter of routine because Machine can breakdown anytime or even lost, stolen or whatever happens in your country.  In some countries nightly bombs are a regular occurrence.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points