Skip navigation
Elementary Penguin
Currently Being Moderated

How can I share a video only to my facebook band page not my main personal page?

Feb 2, 2013 7:34 AM

Tags: #problem #help #export #upload #facebook #premiere_elements #photoshop_elements_11 #sub_page

I just got Premiere Elements 11 and had no trouble creating a music video...but when I tried to share/upload the video to my facebook band page, it appears that it will only go to my primary personal facebook page.  Maybe I'm missing an available step in the process.  The whole point of my getting PE was to make and upload music videos.  It's great that the default settings for facebook (H264, 1280 at the wide side, etc.) appear automatically, but there's no other category (save for computer, etc.) that will let me choose those export settings so I could save it on my computer and then upload the video directly to the band page on my own.  Can someone please help me?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to Elementary Penguin

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I do not know the requirements for FaceBook, but there should be an instructions page on their main site.

It might well be that one will have to Export/Share/Publish the finished Video, and then manually upload that to the desired page. However, there might be a setting in the dynamic On-Line Upload settings within PrE. For YouTube, and especially if one has an extended account, that Export/Upload workflow gets around the Duration limitation still coded into PrE. PrE was written before the extended YouTube accounts were allowed. My guess is that PrE 12 will include the capability for handling extended YouTube accounts, but then, they might make a change again, with "super" extended accounts, and one is back to square-on with the manual Export/Upload to allow for the even longer Duration YouTube videos?

Maybe someone, who knows the exact requirements for FaceBook can comment, or perhaps posting to a FaceBook Forum will yield the answers.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 7:50 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

If you go to Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD and you click on the preset dropdown menu, you'll find both a standard definition and high definition preset for outputting video for YouTube.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to Elementary Penguin

I don't do Facebook video, but the information in one of these FAQ links might help create a file that you may manually upload to the location you want

-Sharing for Movies http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1051093

-Sharing for Computer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1058237

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points