Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What happened to all the images in the Organizer?

Feb 2, 2013 12:17 PM

Tags: #premiere #elements

I posted a similar question in the Photoshop Elements forum and got no answer that solved the problem. The reason I'm now posting it here is that I suspect copying the lessons from the Premiere Elements 11 Classroom in a Book may have caused the problem.

The problem: I have a dozen folders in the Organizer. They all had photos in them up until a few days ago. Now when I single-click on the folders I get this message in the Media Browser, "No media to be displayed."

After I got some suggestions in the Photoshop Elements forum I tried exploring around in the Organizer. I double-clicked all the folders. When I did this, what showed up in all the folders were a dozen frames from a lesson (the same lesson) in the Classroom in a Book. This is crazy.

I'm now on Lesson six in Classroom and I am learning a lot from these lessons, but I wonder if copying the video examples from the book's DVD has somehow screwed up my Organizer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to Tommyvincent

No one here can respond for Photoshop Elements Classroom in a Book.

However, one thing I note in my books is to be sure that you're in the main menu in the Organizer's Media Browser. If you have a filter checked or if you are in an album, the Media Browser will only display the media files that meet those criteria.

Have you ensured that you're not filtering your media, you do not have any Tags selected and you have not selected any Albums? Sometimes clicking the Back button in the upper left of the Media Browser will get you back to the main media space.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to Tommyvincent

I do not know about the Premiere Elements CiaB, but for several versions, the Premiere Pro CiaB was authored mainly by a gentleman, Curt Wrigley. He was also very active in the PrPro Forum, but has sort of disappeared now. Not sure who took over for that particular book series? He also once had a great Web site with many useful tutorials (most worked well in later versions of PrPro, and could be easily interpolated for many versions of PrE too), but the site has been taken down, with all those great, albeit older, tutorials gone with it.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Besides some of the resources, that you already know, and have, here is a list with a few more, including Steve's books, his Basic Training, his Learning Series and his Tips & Tricks. Also, Lynda.com gets good recs. around here. http://forums.adobe.com/message/3953827#3953827

Good luck and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points