Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Firefox 19 Beta and the Latest Acobat updates Broke PDF Printer

Feb 2, 2013 5:17 PM

Tags: #printer #not_responding #printing_pdf #adobe_pdf #firefox_19_beta

Details at Bugzilla:  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837369  (Not Responding Error)

In a netshell, in FF 19 beta I can only now create PDF's if I do it from the Print Preview Pane.

In the previous FF update prior to FF 19, PDF printing was sporatic, BUT I could usually print to PDF if after choosing the fiename to print to, and minimizing Firefox.

It appears that the Dialog "Creating Adobe PDF" is being blocked and hidden. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 6:08 PM   in reply to KeepItSimpleStupid

Thanks. Strangely enough, this only happens on my laptop, and not my desktop computer. I did report this to Mozilla.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to KeepItSimpleStupid

The problem seems to have ended after the latest Acrobat X and Firefox updates. I had the same problem yesterday, but for some reason today, my prints are going directly to the Acrobat X driver. I will keep my fingers crossed that this issue doesn't recur. I was having problems with Firefox crashing whether or not I used print preview. Your suggestions were helpful, and I appreciate your help with resolving the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 8:13 PM   in reply to KeepItSimpleStupid

Unfortunately, while the NYT pages cooperated, some of the other pages did not. I will follow your advice and hope they decide to fix the problem. I also have an issue with Adobe not printing web captures from comments loaded from Disqus, but I think it's an issue with how Disqus handles Acrobat as a web page. Grrr...I had hoped that this was done!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points