Skip navigation
HolmesSkillet
Currently Being Moderated

Can't open project - "general error"

Feb 2, 2013 5:17 PM

I had literally just finished a project for Blu-ray. All done. I began locating transcode files for DVD for my assets so that I could build a DVD image file in addition to the Blu-ray one I intended to create. Encore didn't seem to like that all that much, and occasionaly found media to be offline, even when it wasn't offline. When at last it appeared that it was finally in agreement with me, I saved the project and exited the program.

Now, I cannot open the project. The project begins to load, I can even see my assets appear in the project window. But then, I receive the infamous "General Error" message. I hit ok, and the project immediatly closes. Sometimes I get dozens of "General Error" messages, but the result is always the same. The project closes and I am left wondering what the heck happened.

I would really like not to have to build this project all over again from scratch. So any thoughts or advice is appreciated. I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the bugs in Encore.

Things I have already tried:

• Moving project location
  • Copying, changing project names
  • Deleting the transcoded DVD files and folders in "transcodes" and/or "sources" folders
  • Restarting
  • Opening other projects. (They all work, only this one gets the error.)
  • Searching, googling, and reading through this and other forums for answers.

My machine:

Windows 7 64bit

Adobe Encore CS6.0.2.004

All my assets are previously encoded in Media Encoder, so I am not using any Dynamic Links.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2013 5:36 PM   in reply to HolmesSkillet

Try this:

Troubleshoot damaged projects in Encore on Windows

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406006.html

I don't hold much hope with some of the steps you took (moving project etc).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 6:37 PM   in reply to HolmesSkillet

For some corrupt projects, that is the only way.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 9:15 PM   in reply to HolmesSkillet

I would really like not to have to build this project all over again from scratch.

It's not fun, but I've found this to be the preferable way for making both a BD and a DVD.  Two projects, one for each (with appropriate assets for each).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points