Skip navigation
cngu12
Currently Being Moderated

Why is everything pixelated and blurry in CS6?

Feb 2, 2013 9:48 PM

Hi,

A few months ago I installed the trial versions of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on my MacBookPro.  After they expired I purchased the standard student edition and used the provided key number to unlock the full versions.  However, everything (including the sample fonts list, icons and opening menu) are pixelated and blurry.  As a design student, it is incredibly distracting to see font that isn't smooth like it should be on a retina display...

I've updated Indesign to version 8.0.1 but to no avail.  What could be wrong and how might I solve this problem?

Thank you,

Cuong

Replies
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Feb 2, 2013 9:58 PM   in reply to cngu12

InDesign doesn't have specialized retina display support.

You might try messing around with your display settings. Best for Retina may not be Best for InDesign.

You're not suggesting that it got blurrier after you paid for it, are you? The trial version is exactly the same.

You should expert Retina support in the next version of InDesign, as it will support Cocoa.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 5:23 AM   in reply to cngu12

The trial, as John pointed out is identical to the license version. If you're on a retina Mac you'll have to wait for CS7 to get retina support.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Feb 4, 2013 7:16 AM   in reply to cngu12

Like I said: You might try messing around with your display settings. Best for Retina may not be Best for InDesign.

In particular, try: 1920 x 1200. More space.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Is this the new 'official statement'? I don't mean to be rude, but Adobe stated last August they'd be implementing updates in "coming months". So now Adobe is saying CS7.... Pretty lame to be frank.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Feb 25, 2013 10:24 PM   in reply to nucleo-studio

No, it's not an official statement, but you are pretty unlikely to get one.

If you understood an earlier statement to imply that InDesign would have seen Retina support prior to CS7, in particular in 3Q or 4Q 2012, then you misunderstood (or someone screwed up). Other products, which have already moved to the API that gets them Cocoa support and the Dark UI, were able to take Retina updates as midstream updates. But that's not the case with InDesign, which is based on older technology (as of CS6), and the update to which will be significant. So there may have been statements about Illustrator and Photoshop that may have been erroneously generalized to include InDesign?

Do you have a citation or link to the statement you're referring to ("coming months")?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 10:46 PM   in reply to nucleo-studio

There was never an official statement from Adobe indicating that there would be any updates for the CS6 version of InDesign to implement either the support for very high resolution screens on the Macintosh (the so-called Retina displays) or the dark interface currently available in Photoshop and Illustrator. You may have inferred such updates from statements issued for Photoshop and Illustrator in terms of the very high resolution screen support, but no such support was promised.

Expect that support (very high resolution screen and dark user interface) for the next full version of InDesign.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 11:10 PM   in reply to cngu12

Hi, I'm new to using Cs6 and I was having the same problem with pixalated text. Took me FOREVER to figure out the fix, hope it helps   go to Image, Image Size, if resolution is 72 change it to 300.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to cngu12

Have you found a fix for this yet? i have just bought the same student pack and its so annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2013 11:18 AM   in reply to ASD91

If you have a retina display there is no fix. Retina support was added to

InDesign CC which is available as part of Creative Cloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi Bob,

Do you know if there will be a fix? Or would it be a waste of Adobe's time?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to judypleung

Retina support requires the new code that was introduced in CC. There will be no fix for CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to ASD91

Never mind mines all fixed. Just downloaded every update i could.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 6:21 AM   in reply to ASD91

how did u update? i updated it from the halp tool in indesign but it didnt help
    what do i need to do to fix it? its impossible to work

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to Rachel Lutski

I thought it had all worked however my indesign didnt clear up. Photoshop and illustrator are perfect quality but indesign is still pixelated. I downloaded updates from adobe, and then went on Mac updates and there was a few new ones there.

Also i went on the apple website for macbook help and spoke to an advisor, they were pretty helpful

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to ASD91

Did you install InDesign CC? No amount of updating CS6 will make a difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 6:57 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

ho man...
    no, i have only the CS6....  i gess ill have to waite for the adobe update

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to Rachel Lutski

Rachel Lutski wrote:

i gess ill have to waite for the adobe update

What Adobe update? To get Retina support you need to subscribe to Creative Cloud and use InDesign CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 7:07 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

how do i do it? do i need to buy the indesign cc? or is there an update for the cs6?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to Rachel Lutski

InDesign CC is only available as part of a subscription to Creative Cloud (you pay a monthly fee). I believe there is a discount being offered for the first year of the subscription for users who have licensed previous versions of InDesign. https://creative.adobe.com/#join/offer/complete

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Looks like the link above is not a good place to start. Try http://www.adobe.com/products/discount-software-coupons.html instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

cool! ill chack it.
    thenks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status