Skip navigation
HONGina
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Content Viewer issue

Feb 2, 2013 11:32 PM

Tags: #web #adobe #content #display #ipad #4 #viewer #retina #html_overlays #javascript_function

I'm using a web overlay linked to an html resource with javascript actions, but I can't figure out why the javascript does not display properly using Adobe Content Viewer version 2.9 or 3.0 on a 4th generation iPad? The very same code and file displays perfectly when viewed on a 1st gen iPad with same version of Adobe Content Viewer so it doesn't appear the code is the issue. It appears to be an issue with the Adobe Content viewer on the iPad 4 with retina display. I need to test on this device, but have hit a wall. If need be, are there other ways to test a DPS app on iPad 4 without using Adobe Content Viewer? Thanks for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to HONGina

What happens when you run the HTML and JavaScript in mobile safari? Our web overlay is provided by the OS, and OS-version differences between devices sometimes cause issues.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 11:01 PM   in reply to HONGina

If it's testing fine on the iPad1 this really speaks to a difference in the OS handling of the HTML. It's not, unfortunately, a DPS thing, and it's not a fun thing to chase down. Perhaps some people here will have some debugging tips.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points