Hello - hoping somewhere there is someone who can help.
I have just purchsed the Creative cloud suite 2 days ago - after running Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks 8 for too many years
OS = Windows 7 32 bit - Logged on as Administrator - Its a home PC with no home network.
These are the steps I have followed - I'm trying to be detailed as possible so maybe someone can help
1. Downloaded application manager
2. Connected and downloaded a few of the products
3. Application manager advised there were updates for the installed products and I attempted to update - with and error.
4. At some stage I think I got a windows account control settings pop up and I may have clicked no.
5. Now when I try to launch the Application manager it asks for logon which I do (email and password for adobe acc), it displays my name so there is a connection "I think" to Adobe the I get the following error "Download error. Press Retry or contact cutomer support. There are two button options, "Retry or Quit", Retry just gives the same message.
6. I have windows firewall disabled.
7. I added the application manager to my Trend Micro firewall and application settings - same error
8. I can open the applications I have downloaded. But I did not download them all
9. I downloaded and ran the Adobe creative suite cleaner - reinstalled Application manager - same error
Here is the funny thing.
I have just logged on to the same PC but onto my sons profile and ran the Application Manager (I had to put in my Administrator password) and Application Manager opened, connected, and now is downloading the software again.
It is a solution for now, but I don't want to keep logging onto another account on the PC when I am an administrator.
Could well be that you made a mess of your settings, but that's one of those "geek" things that can only be figured out directly at your computer, I'm afraid. With regards to UAC, you might try to turn it off completely, reboot your system, then turn it on again. This will reset all rules and warnings. Also you should consider actualyl uninstalling your firewal land reinstall it to reinitialize it the same with default rules. On a more general note it's also better to let the firewalls auto-learn instead of manually adding rules. There's always the chance you're gonna miss a portt of some auxilairy component...
Thanks for the answer.
Well I figured it was one of those windows things that required too much fiddling around so I did what was long overdue - a full backup of all my data - and a re-install of windows and all good - I tried to do a "restore from previous point " but that didn't work.
I made no changes to my Trend Micro application firewall settings as suggested
As for the application manager working on my "sons" login on the PC the installs worked but the updates didn't so thats why the reinstall of windoiws from scratch