Skip navigation
MarkLIVE
Currently Being Moderated

How do i remove the instant stroke on all shape tools?

Feb 4, 2013 12:19 AM

Hello, I just installed CS6, and I'm having serious problems w/ a few things. Mainly this issue:

Rlgn4xC.png

As you can see, everytime I create an object, a stroke is added to it. And you can also see on the layers path, a small little box is also added. Here's the weird part, when I try and change the images color, I get a popup saying that this object needs to be "rasterized" before changing the color. Then when the color changes, it changes the shape object to what i need it to be, so i'm super confused and cannot find the option anywhere.

Any idea on how to get rid of this instant stroke issue?

simple noob directions is probably the best way for me to learn, thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to MarkLIVE

Not sure what you are trying to say. You are creating a shape layer and the thin grey outline is the vector path defining the shape. Likewise, you seem to be applying some layer style because it is the selected default in your styles palette. All seems perfectly normaol to me except for the program wanting to rasterize when you want to change the color, but without more info and clarification nobody can give a better answer than that.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 4:23 AM   in reply to MarkLIVE

CS6 has a new feature for vector Shape layers: a Shape can have a stroke (other than Layer Style Stroke). If you want a Shape without stroke in future, ensure the stroke is disabled or set to size 0 in Options bar of a vector tool. The symbol you saw on the layer thumbnail indicates a Shape layer.

Screen-shot-2013-02-04-at-12.09.12.png

Screen-shot-2013-02-04-at-12.09.00.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points