Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Liquify Effect

Feb 4, 2013 5:11 AM

Hi,

I have used the liquify effect on several test shots a while back, and have a lot of fun in doing so. I have handed some of the workload over the the team, and they have started working on our footage. They approahced me with a question this morning that I cannot answer, and was hoping I could run it by the forum members.

I do some keying work, and export a TIFF sequence that I hand over to the team. They import the footage and apply the liquify effect. The question came out, when they used the "Nudge" tool to make some changes. They were not satisfied with the effect, so "CTRL Z" was used to undo. When they hover the mouse over the footage and want to make another change, As soon as the mouse button is pressed, the footage reverts to the way it was before the undo command was issued.

Now, reading this statement, it sound s abit confusing to me, and I "know" what I am trying to say!

It is basically that the undo command does not seem to work with the liquify tool. Is this a known issue (as I said, I have not tried this myself for some time) and I can tell them to work around it, or is this strange behaviour, and I should sit with them for a bit an dsee whats what?

Thank you

Pierre

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to Pierre Devereux

This is a bug because of Global Perforance Cache.

From Adobe :

Another known issue in this area is that the Liquify effect will retain incorrect cached information after a use of the Undo command.

If you encounter a remaining bug of this sort, purging the cache will generally fix the problem (choosing Empty Disk Cache in Media & Disk Cache preferences to clear the disk cache and Edit > Purge > All Image Memory to clear the RAM cache). If you encounter such a bug after installing this update, let us know by submitting a detailed bug report, being especially certain to list any third-party effects used.

One remaining known issue of this sort relates to font substitution: If you load a project with a missing font, After Effects will substitute a placeholder font. If you then install the missing font, After Effects may not update cached image information with the new font. So, if you install a font after loading a project for which that font was reported as missing, purge the cache to force the cached image information to be updated with the new font.

Another known issue in this area is that the Liquify effect will retain incorrect cached information after a use of the Undo command.

Or

You can undo using the Reconstruction Tool.

Undo distortions with the Liquify effect

Use the Reconstruction tool and its modes to reverse distortions or redo them in new ways.

1. Select the Reconstruction tool, and then choose a mode from the Reconstruction Mode pop-up menu:
      Revert
      Changes unfrozen areas back to their predistorted state.
      Displace
      Reconstructs unfrozen areas to match the displacement at the starting point for the reconstruction. You can use Displace to move all or part of the preview image to a different location.
      Amplitwist
      Reconstructs unfrozen areas to match the displacement, rotation, and overall scaling that exist at the starting point.
      Affine
      Reconstructs unfrozen areas to match all local distortions that exist at the starting point, including displacement, rotation, horizontal and vertical scaling, and skew.
    2. Drag the area to restore. The restoration occurs more quickly at the brush center.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to Pierre Devereux

Glad to help

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers