Skip navigation
swimmerman1989
Currently Being Moderated

Grainy/"Pixelated" after color correction

Feb 4, 2013 9:37 AM

Any time I do color correction or color grading (only slight adjustments), my footage appears to be very grainy/"pixelated." Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to swimmerman1989

Have you rendered your timeline before playng it back (by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard)?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 3:56 PM   in reply to swimmerman1989

Can you provide a screen capture of the video you're trying to color correct -- and another of what it looks like after?

You can only improve an image so much -- especially a very dark image -- before it starts to get ugly blotches.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 6:07 PM   in reply to swimmerman1989

I can see some graininess -- but the results actually look pretty good to me.

That said, have you tried adjustments with any othe Adjustments than Gamma? You might well get different results - and without the graininess.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to swimmerman1989

Have you tried adjustments with any othe Adjustments than Gamma? You might well get different results - and without the graininess.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to swimmerman1989

I'm sorry. I don't have a solution for you. Some adjustments are going to reduce or increase contrast between pixels, which can result in a picture that's not as sharp as the original.

Although, usually, there's one Adjustment that does less of this on a given clip than another.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:47 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

BTW, have you tried outputting your movie yet as say an AVCHD?

Since you're working in hi-def, it's possible the render you're viewing in your playback is not a true representation of what a finished hi-def output will look like.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points