Skip navigation
super93
Currently Being Moderated

Color Shift When Importing JPG Sequence into Flash CS6

Feb 4, 2013 10:44 AM

I am importing a jpg sequence into flash that has been exported from After Effects CS6. No matter what I try, the color will shift when the image imports into flash. The sequence originally started out as a vector graphic in Illustrator (color profile set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1) and then imported into After Effects for an animation that I couldn't quite achive in Flash. The color profile in After Effects is also sRGB IEC61966-2.1 with the "Match Legacy" checkbox checked. I export it out of After Effects as a JPG Sequence and then import into Flash. No matter what I try, the bitmap images' color will shift (become dull) when I import. Even when I open the images in Windows Photo Gallery, they look fine - it's only when I import into Flash.  I've also tried PNG and .PSD Sequence with the same result. I've searched around, but still haven't found a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 5:49 AM   in reply to super93

Flash has Problem with certain 32bit pictures. Try to go for 24bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to super93

I am in the midst of trying to figure out the opposite : Flash to After Effects.  I am betting that this is an issue of 'color profile' attached to the images and the gamma settings in that profile.  RGBA is only part of the story - color profile is all the rest of it.  Eye Dropper doesn't tell you the color profile attached to the image.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to keldonrush

If you have Fireworks installed, it should help to let it prepare the last version before you import to Flash.

So the workflow maybe: Illustrator/PS >png>import in fireworks>export to jpg for flash

Fireworks translates the color space (if its not a common one) into flashs "reduced" colorspace vocbulary

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points