Skip navigation
stmijaar
Currently Being Moderated

Audio CD?

Feb 4, 2013 5:44 PM

I have edited a voicetrack and SHARED the audio to my PC. I'd like to make a CD. What do i do now? There doesn't seem to be A file I can find.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to stmijaar

You're trying to create an audio CD?

You can do this with iTunes or Windows Media Player. It's not really a function of video editing software.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to stmijaar

>SHARED the audio to my PC... There doesn't seem to be A file I can find

Ah... you gave the file a name and a location during the save process... go to that location and find your file

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to stmijaar

Like with a DVD, there are two types of "audio" CD's. One is just the data file (probably a WAV in your case), onto a CD disc, and the other is an Audio CD (like a DVD-Video, sort of), with a specific format, CDA.

If you are just sharing the audio file, then the data CD will suffice. If you want to play the CD in a hardware CD player, you will want the Audio CD.

For the former, the data CD, once you have Exported/Shared/Published your Audio only file, you can use ImgBurn, a great, free burning utility, to write a data CD.

For the latter, an Audio CD, you will want to use a program, like iTunes, Audacity, or Adobe Audition (my personal choice, but it is not a free program - by any stretch). The CDA format is specific, so you basically need to "author" the Audio CD, like one does with Video for a DVD-Video.

In my older version of iTunes, one would just Import the WAV file (or format of choice), and let iTunes convert that. Then, create a Playlist with that file (and maybe others), and burn an Audio CD from iTunes. Not sure what the workflow is for newer versions. In Audition, it is about the same. I Open my WAV files in Audition, then publish to an Audio CD, where each song is a separate Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points