Skip navigation
jpayjpay
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS6 export all pages as PDF crash

Feb 4, 2013 5:17 PM

I cannot for the life of me Export all pages as pdf from FW CS6 on my Mac. All software is fully up-to-date. I have many times Exported scucessfully before, but now the same file is no longer exportable. I'm going crazy. The source PNG file is a 15 MB file of 68 pages, it is filled with hotspots that should export an interactive PDF. (I deleted all of the "unused library symbols" (even though that deletes symbols that are actually in use)). My Mac is a PowerMac 8GB RAM... I can't remeber the processor setup... I can tell you later when I'm at work...

I have been using FW since late 90s. FW crashes a dozen or more times a day these days. I'm tired of fighting it. Adobe has frankly been woeful in updating FW (on the Mac at least). It is an excellent product... but at best an unfinished product. I've sent bug reports through official channels for years and every year Adobe fails to fix them. It is quite shocking really.

I hope I can get a quick answer, or else my job will become much more difficult.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM   in reply to jpayjpay

So what result are you experiencing exactly? Just a crash with no output?

If you had to output each page individually—or at least in chunks smaller than 68 pages—you could possibly reassemble the whole thing in Preview… Otherwise, I tend to favor the native Mac option for creating PDFs, which would probably mean using a Print dialog—perhaps from within Preview or a web browser, if your file can be viewed in either of those. Then again, I don't know whether printing will preserve the interactivity.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 5:28 PM   in reply to jpayjpay

Sorry, I have no ability to read or understand a crash report. (When I asked about output, I meant PDF output.) And I really don't know what to suggest. You're not the first to experience a crash upon exporting a PDF, though. You might take a look at these forum threads, and see if they give you any ideas:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4794013

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4455648

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to jpayjpay

Actually, I would also suggest  exporting Select Pages as a PDF instead of All. (Select maybe the first 10 pages.) If that doesn't work, then make a copy of the FW document using Save As and delete a bunch of pages—again, maybe just leave the first 10 pages—and try exporting that abridged version. The idea is that maybe your file is just too large for Fireworks' PDF Export capabilities.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to jpayjpay

As I suggested previously (see reply #3), if you could output the document in smaller chunks, you could possibly reassemble those components in another application, such as Preview.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points