Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to make message box appear with mouse over

Feb 4, 2013 6:55 PM

Thank you in advance for your help. I am new to dreamweaver and would appreciate simplified (dumbed-down) help if possible.

I am trying to make an info box appear when hovering over text. I am looking for something similar to what appears when you mouse over your profile here in the discussion forums. It provides a nice little box with info. I already have the tooltip option now and it is not clean and modern for my purposes.

Does anyone know how to make a box such as described using dreamweaver or a very simple widget to add in. I am not capable of programming but can manage some manipulation of the html if absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't want to box to actually pop-up and have to be closed, just appear on mouse over and disappear when not being hovered over.

Thank you again!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to rachel315

I don't know of anything that can be added to DW to do this without coding, sorry.

There are tons of scripts out there that can do this using jQuery (javascript), but all of the ones I know of require that you have a base understanding of html, css and javascript to implement them. You can do a search for jQuery tool tip to find free scripts and how-to steps to get it done.

It's possible http://www.projectseven.com/ or another Dreamweaver extension seller has something you could buy to add  to DW that could do this, but I honestly don't know.

You will find Dreamweaver much easier to use to implement affects like this if you spend some time learning html, css and javascript. A good place to start is http://www.w3schools.com

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to rachel315

CSS tooltips (aka disjointed rollovers) are another option.  Again, some coding skills required.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points