Skip navigation
nora Quinn
Currently Being Moderated

Snap to grid and keyboard increments

Feb 5, 2013 8:17 AM

Tags: #smart_guides #snap_to_grid #keyboard_increments #align_to_pixel_grid

Hi there,

Cannot make snap to grid to work, tried the following and while trying I came across another issue. If align to pixel grid is unchecked when opening new documents then snap to grid does not work, but the smart guides don't work either. They appear only when the align to pixel grid is rechecked in the transform panel.

Now no snap no smart guides either.

Is there another option other than in preferences for the snap to grid to work or the smart guides to work?

Also, I set my grid to lines every 10mm subdivisions every 1mm and my keyboard increments to 10mm so why then does my 10x10mm no stroke no fill square move 11mm with each keyboard stroke? Set this up so that the object would then snap to the grid, but it does not, whether or not the align to pixel grid is checked or unchecked either way it does not work.

Latest lion latest illustartor update, in the wishful thinking that it would fix it, but still have the same problem.

deleted the cache too still nothing.

p.s I do not know what changed, but it used to work before

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to nora Quinn

Getting similar results to you. Found subdivisions affects this.

Subdivions 8 Moved from (0,0) with one cursor key down of 10 mm. Snap to grid only snapping on.

Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 12.25.02 PM.png

Subdivisions 1

Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 12.25.17 PM.png

Turned off snap to grid and stared working correctly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to nora Quinn

Glad to hear my reply was able to help you out.

Thanks for your post, will be keeping a closer eye out on snap to grid and keyboard increments, as this is not functioning correctly (atleast in CS6, will have to test same in CS5).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points