Skip navigation
grapplepeeps
Currently Being Moderated

Having to "double-clutch" adding behaviors every time

Feb 5, 2013 9:47 AM

Hello. I am using Dreamweaver CS6. I've been using DW since CS3. Back then, I thought "Well, it is odd that every time I add a behavior, I have to watch it change on it's own from, say 'OnClick' to 'On MouseOver' before reentering it as the 'OnClick' I really wanted, but maybe this is just a quirk."

Nope.

Same thing in CS4

Same thing in CS5

Now the same thing in CS6. It seems pointless and easy to fix. It's no big deal. Instead of taking 20 seconds to enter a behavior, I take 40. Not a problem. But, when I have to do several dozen repetitive behaviors, as I just did, it really adds up, even if only in the carple tunnels.

Adobe folks, are you aware of this? It can't be just me. Why not fix it so that when I select "OnXxxx," and add the Behavior, then OK, it's just there. Saved. Why must it switch on it's own to a different trigger before it will accept and implement my choice?

Glenn

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to grapplepeeps

Same in MX2004.

This is a user forum, staff rarely read it

Submit your suggestion to

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 11:56 AM   in reply to grapplepeeps

Don't hold me to this, but I seem to recall that after selecting the behavior,

before returning to the document window, I would left-click in a blank area of the Behaviors panel and it would "lock in" my first selection

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 12:35 PM   in reply to grapplepeeps

I rarely use behaviors.  But I just did a test in CS6 (Creative Cloud version) and I could not replicate your problem.  Ideally the onClick trigger should be applied to the anchor <a> tag and not the img or text.

<a href="javascript:()" onclick="MM_effectAppearFade(this, 1000, 100, 0, false)">type some text</a>

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

I also just tested in DWCS4 and can't get it to do what you describe.

Could you post the exact step-by-step process you are using (don't leave out a mouse click)?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points