Skip navigation
jeffnc2508
Currently Being Moderated

Design and Web Premium use

Feb 5, 2013 11:42 AM

Not sure where to ask this question, so redirect me if necessary.  I have the suite mentioned, CS6, and I'm doing fine with Dreamweaver.  In fact I can learn to use each of the individual products.  What I'd like to know is a more overall "strategy" or understanding how these products work together to design and create web sites.  I'm not really sure, even after starting different tutorials, what are the real strengths of each, or when there is some overlap, when I should one over another.  I've already created basic web sites with Dreamweaver.  Can anyone point me to a book or resource which explains this very well?  TIA

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to jeffnc2508
    • Use Fireworks or Photoshop to optimize images for the web.
    • Use Dreamweaver to build your web site layout & content.
    • For animations (CSS3, HTML5 & JavaScript), look at Adobe Edge Animate.

That's all I use for web.

Acrobat, Illustrator & inDesign are what I use for print.

Since Flash is not supported by mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Android. etc..), I never open the program.  Flash is a dead web technology.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to jeffnc2508

I am a long-time Photoshop user so I use that almost exclusively.  You can't beat it for photo editing and manipulation.  However some people prefer Fireworks' PNG compression and other new CSS code generating features.  Use whichever tools you feel most comfortable with.

I never allow graphics apps to generate my HTML code.  It's not web worthy.   When a design comp is approved by the client, I re-build everything in DW.

Edge Animate comes with Creative Cloud.  You can sign-up for a free Cloud membership to try it.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html#free-membership

I've been working as a web designer/developer since 1995. I can't speak for everyone, but I think my workflow is fairly typical.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points