Skip navigation
92cabby
Currently Being Moderated

Help, Too Many Markers.

Feb 5, 2013 12:54 PM

Greetings All,

I'm currently learning Premiere Elements 11, running on a new Windows 7 machine, and have a question about scene markers. According to the tutorial that I have been watching, when I author a DVD the scene markers will add themselves to all the individual clips. I imported a DV video from my old XP machine, which was created using Pinnacle software. For some reason, which I can't remember, the Pinnacle software separated a 15 minute clip into a bazillion 10 to 15 second clips. One 15 minute clip wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I have a bunch of those things to import. So now, I'm overwhelmed with the thought of manually removing all those markers. I'm just making garden variety home movies and only need a few markers in each clip. My question is: Is there a way to automatically kill the markers or recombine all the little clips into a larger more manageable clip ? I've been researching the problem, but can't seem to find any pertinent information on the subject. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

92cabby

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to 92cabby

If I understand your question, you can delete all the menu markers by placing the curser in the gray area between the preview monitor and time line and right click.  Select "Clear All Menu Markers".

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to 92cabby

You can also move the markers at the desired place  by dragging it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points