• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit a published MPEG-4 video?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An employee in my company had been working on a Captivate 5.5 video, but she has since changed companies and I've recently been assigned to finish the video that she started. I have a rough draft of an older version of the video she was working on, which was saved in Captivate. The more recent versions of the project have all been published as Realplayer MPEG-4 videos; there are no Captivate files for the changes she has made over the past three months. How do I transfer or convert those MPEG-4 videos back to Captivate so I can edit them? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think you can convert a published MP4 back to a raw CPTX-file. You could try to edit it in a video editing application (Premiere Pro?).

But really think it would be easier to recreate the CP-file.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

As Lilybiri said, there is no way to revert or to convert this output to a working CPTX file.

One thing you may wish to do that might help would be to play back the file and record it using Captivate. That action may save you some steps.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources