Skip navigation
cbcaper
Currently Being Moderated

I have cs5 do I need to upgrade to cs6?

Feb 5, 2013 1:17 PM

Tags: #cs5 #help #upgrade #how #cs6

I have had cs5 installed since 2011 and life kinda got in the way but I am now ready to learn how to use it. I have no idea where to start so any pointers would help and do I need to get cs6? I just checked my updates and I am current.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to cbcaper

No you do not need to get CS6 if you do not want to. Is it suggested? It does have more things that make doing image edting and graphic design easier.

As to where to start, there are many online tutorials out there for you to learn from. Lynda.com has a boat load of photoshop tutorials and you can youtube tutorials as well.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to cbcaper

You can upgrade via adobe's website using the upgrade feature on the photoshop CS6 webpage if you want to do so.

As for tutorials, try Lynda.com some of the videos are free and some are paid for. Deke McClelland is on there and he has Photoshop Basics, Intermediate and Advanced along with his signature series of Deke's Techniques. He's very thorough and explains everything though you will probably need to be a paid member of Lynda.com to get the most out of his tutorials.

Yes a lot of tutorials do assume that most people know what they are doing. I suggest also if you do not wish to pay for tutorials type something like "Photoshop tutorials for dummies". I hope that helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points