Skip navigation
srb1000
Currently Being Moderated

PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM

Tags: #exporting #encore #internal_software_error

I encoded in PPro6 and then imported an mpeg2 project as a timeline from PPro6 into Encore.  When I try to burn a DVD, I get an error message: PGC "" has an error at 00;00;00;00.  Internal software error: 50, line "" Info: name = "", ref= Bpgc, time = 00;00;00;00;00.

The project was fully rendered in PPro.  I've re-exported 3 times, and it happens every time. 

I did a search on the Forum, and found one other person who had this problem, but their problem turned out to be with their audio.  My project has no audio at all.  Just video.

Thank you for any help/ideas/suggestions you may have! I'm totally flummoxed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM   in reply to srb1000

What worked for one user:

"I deleted all the subtitles (I have 3 languages), changing their names to the simplest as possible (English.txt and so on...) and added them again. Worked perfectly."

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 3:35 PM   in reply to srb1000

srb, is that the full error message? If you removed part of it, were they names of timelines?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 4:17 PM   in reply to srb1000

I am sure someone else will respond to your question about the Premiere sequence. (My guess is it is not relevant to the Encore error.)

In CS3 there were odd PGC errors for some users. In CS5 and later, PGC errors are usually more specific. There is something wrong with the form of your error. So please confirm it. The error is not a project name; it relates to a timeline, slideshow etc. The fact that the error is at zero time is interesting.

Be sure you run "as administrator," that there are no gaps in the timeline, that your filenames are not very long, and that there are no spaces in your filenames. I am fairly conviced that some of these no longer matter, but eliminating them helps narrow down possible causes.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 9:41 AM   in reply to srb1000

What does it mean to run as "an administrator"?  I found this info about running as an administrator on another forum, but when I right click on my PPro icon, I do not get an option for "Properties".

It is Encore you must run as administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to srb1000

Any thoughts on what's happening?

No. This is a pretty plain vanilla PGC error message, and I recall very few to none in CS5 and CS6.

That said, it does probably related to the timeline/asset. Do you have only one?

Export a short section of that sequence, and import as timeline into a new Encore project. Does the error appear?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to srb1000

Also, I've found another forum conversation about this same problem on Creative Cow:  http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/869327

3 other people had the problem, and 2 of them mention that they are running from a Retina MacBook Pro on Mountain Lion (my situation).

Not all of them confirmed the exact error message. And PGC errors for Encore timelines are usually different creatures for those for menus. As you can see from their solutions, very hard to pin down.

One of the old workarounds for certain PGC errors in CS3 when the problem is related to chapter markers, is to delete the xml sidecar file that Premiere/AME/Encore creates when transcoding/exporting. Delete/rename the file with the .xmpses extension, create a new Encore project as a test, import as timeline the m2v file. See if the error is gone.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to srb1000

Sorry for the confusion. The .xmpses file is an xml (type) file.

Rename the file .xmpses.old and the .xmp renamed as .xmp.old (I don't recall for sure whether there was ever any benefit to renaming the .xmp file. We want to maximize the chances that it works, so rename both.)

Now create the new Encore test project, and import the .m2v as timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 11:59 AM   in reply to srb1000

Delete or rename. For you, since here it is a test to see if that makes any difference, I would rename so you can name them back without reencoding.

The .xmpses file carries the chapter info. Even though the file is not "imported" to Encore, Encore does read the file and uses the info. If the file is not there, it does not interfere with the video file itself, but Encore just gets no chapter info.

I had to use this method quite a bit in CS3. It is a pain doing (redoing) all the chapter markers in Encore, but not as bad as not getting the project finished!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to srb1000

What is best practice with the renamed files after I'm finished in Encore?  Should I leave them renamed with the ".old" tag on them?

It really doesn't matter. They are little files; I'd keep them in the event I later found a way to use the data they provide.

Yes, you know us "Stan's" - Often called Stan the Man, but rarely Stan the Angel!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2013 5:49 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan Jones wrote:

The .xmpses file is an xml (type) file.

Rename the file .xmpses.old and the .xmp renamed as .xmp.old (I don't recall for sure whether there was ever any benefit to renaming the .xmp file. We want to maximize the chances that it works, so rename both.)

Can I just say Stan I am so so grateful for this post. So easy to do and solved my problem!!! I was beyond fed up with the whole thing. After having such problems with Dynamic Link causing slight flickering in my videos I have tried to go back to Exporting with my own settings for Encore in CS6 but found it caused so many more problems than it ever did in previous versions of the programmes. I tried exporting the sequences in so many different ways, different bit rates, including Encore chaptering before Encore and even nesting. Had so many different errors like 52102, line 332 and this PGC error was the final one and my biggest problem. Cannot believe how simple it was. I normally chapter within Encore anyway so changing a little file name of the other 2 connected files of my sequence really was no bother at all.

I honestly think this is the answer to many of the problems that I have had in Encore as the errors although in different forms, more often than not, seem to be chapter related.

it is now 1.45am and because of you I can now go to bed to get up and film another event in the morning. CHEERS! (don't worry I'm a girl lol)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2013 6:19 PM   in reply to Ludikris

Aw, Gee!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers